Montag, Juni 25, 2007

Four Steps

Bin zuletzt auch ueber die Band Alkaline Trio gestolpert. Ich meine, musikalisch ist die Band jetzt nicht der absolute Bringer, doch textlich koennen sie mir immer mal wieder ein Schmunzeln abringen.

Beispiel aus "This Could Be Love":

i don't blame you for walking away
i'd do the same if i saw me
i swear it's not contagious
swear to god it's not contagious
in four short steps we can erase this


step one: slit my throat
step two: play in my blood
step three: cover me in dirty sheets and run laughing out of thehouse
step four: stop at Lake Michigan and rinse your crimson hands
you took me hostage and made your demands
i couldn't meet them so you cut off my fingers

Na gut, man muss auch noch die herrliche Punk-Melodie dazu hoeren, damit eine Ironie heraushoert...

(Musik: Alkaline Trio - Clavicle)

Blubb!
Chris